New Directions, as seen on Glee.
|Competitions|| Tied 2010 Sectionals|
Third Place 2010 Regionals
First Place 2011 Sectionals
First Place 2011 Regionals
Twelfth Place 2012 Nationals
First Place 2012 Nationals
New Directions is the Glee Club at McKinley High. New Directions is a group of misfit members of William McKinley High School, who all joined because they appreciate the art of music and to celebrate diversity - all representing a different role within society.
New Directions has won Sectionals all three years that William Schuester has been director. They placed third at Regionals during their first year there, but went on to win first place the following year, 2011. They went on to Nationals but placed 12th, failing to make it to showcase. During Season Three, however, New Directions goes on to win Regionals and take the trophy. This was the first choir win since 1993 for McKinley High School.
 Current Members
- Artie Abrams
- Wade Adams
- Blaine Anderson
- Tina Cohen-Chang
- Sam Evans
- Rory Flanagan
- Joe Hart
- Sugar Motta
- Brittany Pierce
- Jake Puckerman
- Marley Rose
- Rachel Berry
- Mike Chang
- Quinn Fabray
- Finn Hudson
- Kurt Hummel
- Mercedes Jones
- Santana Lopez
- Noah Puckerman
 Former Members
 Sub Group
Beginning from Season Three, Booty Camp is established at McKinley High School. Due to the approaching Regionals, Will Schuester decides to step up his game in hopes of placing this year, as it's some of the members' last year in the club!
Starting at the first episode of season three, Will announces that those without dancing ability will be attending a mandatory dance lesson afterschool. To help him out, Will assigns Mike Chang as a co-captian. Together they push the other members to perform dance moves otherwise thought impossible, taking New Directions one step closer to perfection.
Read: full article
As the glee club progressed with its performances, director Will Schuester found it appropriate to enter the club in competitions throughout the country, performing in hopes of placing. Through the current seasons the teams have placed and/or haven't placed in the following competitions. Competitions are composed of three categories: Sectionals, the lowest level of competition, Regionals, the level above that, and Nationals, the level even higher than that.
They've gone to Sectionals three times and won each time (tying with Dalton Academy Warblers the second time).
- "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" from Dreamgirls. Solos: Mercedes.
- "Proud Mary" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Solos: Artie, Tina and Mercedes.
- "Don't Stop Believin' " by Journey. Solos: Rachel and Finn.
- "Don't Rain On My Parade" from Funny Girl. Solos: Rachel.
- "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones. Solos: Rachel, Finn, Artie and Mercedes.
- "Somebody to Love" by Queen.
- "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" by Billy Medley and Jennifer Warnes. Solos: Quinn and Sam.
- "Valerie" by The Zutons (cover by Amy Winehouse). Solos: Santana.
- "ABC" by The Jackson 5. Solos: Tina, Mike, Kurt and Quinn.
- "Control" by Janet Jackson. Solos: Artie, Blaine and Quinn.
- "Man In The Mirror" by Michael Jackson. Solos: Finn, Puck, Artie, Sam, Mike and Blaine.
They've gone to Regionals multiple times, coming in last place behind Aural Intensity (who finished in second) and Vocal Adrenaline (first place) for their first competition. However, they appear at Regionals once more in Season Two, this time defeating Glee clubs Aural Intensity and the Dalton Academy Warblers. New Directions once again beat the Warblers in Season Three, despite changing their planned routine of Michael Jackson because of a dispute with the Warblers.
- "Faithfully" by Journey. Solos: Rachel and Finn.
- "Any Way You Want It/Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' " by Journey. Solos: Rachel, Finn and Puck.
- "Don't Stop Believin' (Regionals Version)" by Journey. Solos: Rachel, Mercedes, Finn, Kurt, Puck, Santana and Artie.
- "Get It Right" by Glee. Solos: Rachel
- "Loser Like Me" by Glee. Solos: Rachel, Finn, Santana, Brittany and Mercedes.
- "Fly/I Believe I Can Fly" by Nicki Minaj ft. Rihanna/R. Kelly. Solos: Rachel, Finn, Artie, Mercedes, Santana and Blaine.
- "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)" by Kelly Clarkson. Solos: Mercedes, Santana and Brittany.
- "Here's To Us" by Halestorm. Solos: Rachel.
They went to Nationals (for the first time since Mr. Schuester's Glee Club went) in Season Two. While there, they performed two original songs, Pretending and Light Up The World, but did not make it into the Top Ten Nationals Showcase, but placed twelfth place. Some students believe it was due to the kiss that Finn Hudson and Rachel Berry shared on-screen during the performance. This issue rose further conflicts between the group, as members (especially Santana Lopez) were throwing imprecations at Finn and Rachel, accusing them for the loss. The team returned home in hopes of finishing (some of) their last years as a team with heads held high, though. The team went on in what was some of their last year, 2012, to win first place.
- "Pretending" by Glee. Solos: Rachel and Finn.
- "Light Up The World" by Glee. Solos: Rachel, Finn, Artie, Santana, Tina and Brittany.
- "The Edge Of Glory" by Lady Gaga. Solos: Santana, Mercedes, Tina and Quinn.
- "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" by Celine Dion. Solos: Rachel.
- "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf. Solos by: Rachel, Finn, Puck, Santana, Mercedes, Kurt, Blaine and Brittany.