|Date Eliminated||July 17, 2011|
Matheus Fernandes was a contendor of season one of The Glee Project. Matheus was admired for his courage through his small height and overall "sexiness" which Ryan Murphy asked him to focus on.
Matheus was born and raised in Brazil and hadn't lived in the United States until eight years ago when, through hard work, learned the English language with his trusty dictionary.
Matheus was a very interesting character throughout The Glee Project. Throughout the show, he struggled with others, such as Alex Newell, because of confidence and ability to perform. Matheus began the show, however, very strongly. Matheus' main struggle was with his confidence while performing. Alex's degrading input on Matheus' "wails" might have affected this, and Matheus simply couldn't stand on par with the others.
Matheus' main quality that fit the show was his height; he is a very short human being. This was a unique new concept that Ryan Murphy admired, especially because Matheus was also representing a "sexy feeling", too.
 Songs Performed
 Last Chance Performances
Through the five episodes that Matheus was on set, he performed three last chance performances. Through these chances to see Ryan Murphy, Matheus was told to enhance the "sexy" vibe that he emits when he performs Down during one of three performances. Sadly he isn't able to excel as well in this department as Ryan would have liked.
- In Theatricality (TGP) Matheus performs Gives You Hell by the All American Rejects.
- Through Dance Ability (TGP), Matheus struggles with the different dance routines and keeping his dancing on par with singing. Unable to do this, Matheus performed Down by Jay Sean.
- In Pairability (TGP), Matheus and Damien perform These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra. Matheus energy isn't on par with Damien's and Matheus is sent home.
 Homework Assignments
During Matheus' time on the show he started out with flare, winning two of the first three Homework Assignments. Unfortunately for Matheus, he was unable to keep stability through the show and slowly wore down until elimination.
- In Individuality (TGP), the very first show, Matheus won Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours by Stevie Wonders. He earned a one on one tutoring with Blaine Anderson, played by Darren Criss.
- In the third episode, Vulnerability (TGP), Matheus wins by the song Please Don't Leave Me by Pink. He was able to get a one on one tutoring from Coach Beiste.
 Elimination Date
Sadly Matheus' burst of success at the beginning of the show declined as later shows and contestants dissapeared. Though he was a strong contendor, he was unable to compete against some of the stronger voices on set. During some of the dance routines and even backstage Matheus struggled with internal and external conflicts, resulting in an imperfect last chance performance which left him packing his bags for home.
|Bryce Ross-Johnson||June 12, 2011||Individuality|
|Ellis Wylie||June 19, 2011||Theatricality|
|Emily Vásquez||June 26, 2011||Vulnerability|
|McKynleigh Abraham||July 10, 2011||Dance Ability|
|Matheus Fernandes||July 17, 2011||Pairability|
|Marissa von Bleicken||July 24, 2011||Tenacity|
|Cameron Mitchell||July 31, 2011||Sexuality|
|Hannah Mclalwain||August 7, 2011||Believability|
|Damian McGinty Jr.||Winner||Glee-ality|